GENERAL EDITOR: Susan M. Cooke; CO-GENERAL EDITOR: Christopher P. Davis
Everything You Need to Know About the Law of Hazardous Waste.
National in scope, this comprehensive treatise contains everything you will need to know about current laws, regulations, and cases--both at the federal and state levels regarding the management of hazardous waste, whether newly generated or the result of past dumping, including:
* Identification of hazardous waste
* Requirements for generators and transporters
* Treatment, storage and disposal facility requirements
* Recycling requirements
* Underground storage tank and spill reporting requirements
* Emergency planning and community right-to-know provisions
* Enforcement of waste management requirements
* Cleanup requirements
* Liability under Superfund and its state analogs, as well as other federal environmental statutes that regulate and impose liability for hazardous substance management
This resource also provides coverage of international regulations and programs affecting the transport and management of hazardous waste.
Understand Your Client's Responsibilities.
The Law of Hazardous Waste: Management, Cleanup, Liability, and Litigation spells out your client's legal responsibilities so that you can help your client avoid liability and severe civil and criminal penalties.
Develop Effective Management Strategies.
From minimizing your client's environmental liability at the outset of a corporate transaction to managing, treating and storing hazardous waste, this comprehensive legal resource provides you with complete, step-by-step guidance of this broad and complex area of law.
Support Your Client's Position with Current Case and Statutory Law.
This treatise provides you with comprehensive coverage of the latest legislation, regulations, and cases decided nationally that affect the law of hazardous waste. The Law of Hazardous Waste: Management, Cleanup, Liability, and Litigation is often cited by the courts nationwide.